Friday, November 2, 2012

We all pray!

I wanted to share with you a very small incident that happened today that made me feel good about being here in Tanzania.

Anne and I had been out all morning and we ended up for a late lunch at a little cafe. Both of us ordered something light - soup of the day for Anne and a baguette for me. They came quickly and they looked good.

When the waiter had left us we bowed our heads to offer our thanks to the Lord for the food. When we had finished the waiter was standing beside us with a knife he had forgotten. He apologized but I told him not to worry, "we all pray".

And that was it!

Nothing really except the acceptance that here in Tanzania all (or certainly the vast majority) pray and it is not an unusual thing to do.

There are times when it is frustrating living here, other times when you just have to smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment